Summer will be here before we know it! You may be considering what you need to do to turn off your wood furnace for the summer now that the weather is warming up.
At the end of each heating season, it is strongly advised that you perform the procedure outlined below. Corrosion can be avoided if you follow the following instructions and clean your furnace on a regular basis.
Although it may seem simple to shut down your outdoor wood stove for the season, doing it correctly is critical for a variety of reasons, including increasing the life of your outdoor furnace.
It's also a good idea to clean, inspect, and make any necessary modifications or repairs to the system before the cold weather arrives.
Here is a simple checklist of items you will need to prepare your outdoor wood furnace to be off for the summer months if you are not using your furnace:
1. Shovel / Rake/ Hoe (or whatever tools you use to clean the firebox)
2. Shop Vac
4. Flexible Rod tube cleaning tool (GX Series Only - available HERE)
5. Water Treatment (Available HERE)
6. Metal container for ashes
7. Door Seal Replacement Parts (if needed - Available HERE)
8. Door Seal Replacement Instructions (Found HERE)
9. Flat Head Screwdriver (if needed to remove old door seal)
10. Make sure your Chimney Cap is in place (If not, available HERE)
11. Wire brush for cleaning inside of the chimney.
If you have any concerns or questions about the operation of your wood boiler call OutdoorBoiler.com at 231-861-8200. We want your heating experience to be positive, and we're always happy to help with troubleshooting and resolving any difficulties before they become a problem.