Outdoor Furnace: Routine Maintenance Items
This "Routine Maintenance Items" and "Other Resources" are parts of your complete guide in owning an outdoor wood furnace. It is important to read our article "The Definitive Outdoor Wood Boiler Guide" before reading this routine maintenance items for the complete information.
Remember These Routine Maintenance Items:
1. Clean your filter. How often? Read more here.
2. Ash removal - yes, redundant, but critical. Read "When Does Ash EAT Holes In Outdoor Boiler Steel?"
3. Do the "Annual Sediment Flush". This is required every year (that you don't do a complete flush) because sediment is the "secret killer" of outdoor wood burners. Read more here.
4. Follow the "Dry Burn" Method. This extends the life of your boiler, improves efficiency, and reduces the amount of wood needed for a toasty warm house. Read "Top 3 Reasons You Should Dry Burn Your Boiler" here.
5. Add One Creosote Stick Every Week. This new product is the BEST way to remove creosote - just toss one stick into the fire in your outdoor boiler, and in 24 hours, creosote will be eliminated! This improves efficiency, protects your steel and you burn less wood! Read about these handy little life-savers here.
6. Never Operate Your Outdoor Wood Stove at temps below 140 degrees. Water jacket temps below 140 degrees will build up thick layers of creosote, and create a cleaning nightmare. Watch this video: "3 Reasons To Keep Your Furnace Above 140 Degrees".
7. Keep Your Water Level Full. Water jacket levels should stay above the "ADD" level on your water level indicator. If you don't have a water level indicator on the top front vent tube of your boiler, get one here (for HE and GX models).
8. Confirm That Your Underground Pipe is NOT Losing Heat. You can burn an entire year of wood in just 45 days if your underground pipe is poorly insulated.
Learn how to test for heat loss here. Then read "Losing Heat Underground? Stop WASTING Money!"
1. The "Ultimate Summer Shutdown Checklist"
2. The "Fall Start-Up Guide"
3. How To Get FREE Design Services
4. How to View Your Owner's Manual
5. How to Protect Your Outdoor Boiler From Corrosion with Liquid Armor Water Treatment
6. Get Spare Parts here at OutdoorBoiler.com
7. How To Submit a Water Sample for FREE Water Sample Testing
8. How To Get Support from OutdoorBoiler.com
9. Watch "How-To Videos" HERE
10. Read more "Easy Fix Articles" HERE
11. Sign up for weekly tips and newsletter HERE (scroll to the bottom, enter email address)
Customer support begins with a great customer service team. Our dedicated team is trained and experienced in all things about outdoor wood burning boilers. You can always expect a human on the other end of the line. We know what’s important to you - your family, saving money, and keeping your house toasty warm - and we make that our highest priority.
The Ultimate Resource for Outdoor Boilers
With decades of experience and knowledge in the outdoor boiler industry, we are the thought leaders and industry experts for all things outdoor boilers. We have seen everything and can fix and improve anything. We improve performance and extend the lifetime of your outdoor boiler with guidance found in our 200+ web articles.
End-To-End Customer Care
From complete system design to installation, through maintenance and operational support, our team is here to improve your outdoor boiler ownership experience. Our website provides 200+ articles with tips and guidance to answer your questions. For more complex or unique questions, our team is just a phone call away!
Quality Products That Make Sense
As industry experts, we know which products and materials are worth the investment and which are not. We will always suggest solutions and products that will extend the life of our outdoor boiler. Our products are built to last. We supply the best products at the best price.
Browse for more Outdoor Wood Boiler parts at our online store.